Applying watermarks to your photos or images is one of the best methods to prevent people from sharing your photos online without due credit. A watermark may not be the ideal solution, though we might argue they’re not beneficial as a whole, personal preferences aside, they are here to stay. Therefore, there is the need for you to know how to watermark a picture which this article is all about.
As such, we’re here to show you how to watermark a picture and apply it to your images. Below are a few of the different methods, ranging from simple to sophisticated ones, to make sure your photos are at least duly protected from people using them without them acknowledging the source.
- The easiest way on how to watermark a picture or add watermark to your image is to use a test tool in any photo editing program such as Microsoft Paint.
- You can tag your name on it
- You can write at the corner of the photo page, small font size, or all over the photo
- Draw a box around it, color it, use a funky font – it’s entirely up to you
This method might not be attractive, but it’s the fastest and easiest way to add a watermark.
Using Online Tools:
- Another easy way to watermark a photo is to use an online tool like PicMarkr.
- Upload up to five photos, or pull them from Facebook
- They pick from three watermarking options (text, image, or tiled) chose the type of watermarking.
- Text watermark is similar to the one previously outlined
- Image watermark places another image watermark in that, it doesn’t let you choose the opacity of the secondary image, so you can’t blend with the original photo.
- A Tiled watermark, simply layers a text or image all over the picture
More Online Tools and Ways of How to Watermark a Picture:
Watermark.ws: Not necessarily pretty, but has a lot of features, why don’t you try this out?
PicMarkr: Features such as, creating a frame around the image but sadly one can still cut off your
picture from the frame of the three above, you can choose which one is better for you
Watermarkphotos.net: You can watermark your photos directly through your browser and it is
Been done locally and offers more privacy to your content.
Going With Desktop Software:
There are many desktop software that can be used to learn how to watermark a picture. There is paid and free software that does similar things but they all come with different features outlined below.
- Namoon Watermark: This lets you crop and resize a photo, tweet the image quality, and use a
Variety of image formats:
- TSR Watermark:
- uMark: Allows you apply graphics and perform batch watermarking. It also has its free version with limited functionality
Before you go ahead to use any of this desktop software, make sure you have installed image viewer on your system. There are many such as:
- IrfanView: It has a built-in watermarking features
- Photoshop Elements Offers an easy way to create watermarks too.
But you can check through any image – viewer you are having, to see if watermark feature is available. I hope this article fully explained how to Watermark a picture.