I want to share what I have learned within the week on how you can generate traffic for your site. It is not as easy as it seemed but it is easy actually when you know the tricks. I have tried to put what I have learned and it is working for me now. Mind you, I am still growing in blogging and as such would not want to tell you am a professional already. My blog (http://www.scitechinfo.com.ng) is young and so as not to claim professionalism.
The below points I believe will actually work for you if you do as it is stated.one thing I have also learnt in these tricks is that, you can even be more successful than the person that introduces you to it. Off course, it is working for me but you can be more successful.
You have to do keyword research to know what people are searching for online. You can achieve that through the use of tools such as Google AdWords: Keyword Planner to get an idea.
Try to write on a topic you are interested in. is it sports, technology, fashion, and politics? etc. but make sure in each of these topics you have selected, get a smaller faction or a niche from it. Let’s use sport for example. There are many sub topics under sport which I believe you cannot write all about when you start. So you can see that the sub topics is wide to write on.
If you can speak or write in other languages, you stand a chance of ranking higher let’s say 3-5 times higher in Google than those from the U.S who speaks English majorly. languages such as Spanish, Italian, rate higher.
Hire a freelance writer and pay them very well. Yes I know some will say “I’d rather write myself”. But the truth is that you cannot always be a jack of all trade. You can employ people like us to do the job for you. Help us to help you na…
If you still cannot pay them hugely, try to negotiate with them and I know you will have a pass on that one. You know consistency is important and unique content is king they say.
Focus on traffic generation because that is where the strength of your income lies. You have a great content yes! But what is the point of having one if nobody sees it. I strongly advice all my clients and friends that “this is where you should spend more of your money” because without it, you will be under the shadow of fortune.no one will notice you with all your God given talent and hard work.
Note: there are some businesses that you may not need too many traffic but at least the ones you have, are potential customers that always patronize you. That makes me want to actually talk a little about lead generation. Don’t forget that this article is about “how to generate traffic to your website or business site” irrespective of the process or methodology in doing that.
Lead generation is the process of attracting and converting strangers and prospects into someone who has indicated interest in your company’s product or service. Some examples of lead generators are job applications, coupons, and online content.
Now, how did I generate traffic for my site?
With so many research, I have pinpoint some strategies here that worked for me and I believe will work for you too. Generating traffic for your site is where the major work is and also letting people know you are alive and your voice is to be heard. Follow this simple steps below
Step 1: Keywords:
- Long tail keywords. I may not have the time to explain that here but I know there are so many articles out there that have talked about it. Okay! Just a little explanation. People in their billions may be searching on a particular topic right now, let say “auto dealer” but instead of using same topic, use a more elaborate one which also could have similar meaning. That does it am off from here.
- Location based keyword is another good example which you must understand and use at times. You can decide to say instead of “auto dealer”, “auto dealer in Asokoro, Abuja”. With that you have covered within a confined area. Does that make sense to you now?
Step 2: Contents:
- Length of your articles as they say is very important but I tell you of what use is it if it doesn’t add value to life. My opinion is go for quality over quantity
- Post consistently so that search engine will know you are up to date. Meaning, you refresh your site’s contents from time to time.
- Interconnection between articles in your site is very important. Let say, you write on a particular topic and that topic has a relationship with another you have written before. You can place a link to direct visitors to the other ones.
Step 3: off-page signal:
- Guest blogging on another websites especially ones related to your niche and at the permission of the site owner off course. Don’t forget to add “connect to my site” at the end of each article you post.
- Outreaching, meaning investing some quality time and energy in spreading your awareness
- The use of infographics in your contents cannot be left out as it contribute a lot to traffic generation. What is infographics? They are graphic visual representations of information, dataor knowledge intended to present information quickly and clearly.
- Also an addition to all these, make sure your site is secured. Switch to https
- Google’s bot keyword density should be 3%-4%
- Title tag limitation of 60-70 characters
- Meta description should be around 160-170 characters. Not too important but you are giving the visitors an option of clicking through to your website.
Please people you can add to this as it is not complete yet. Thank you for taking your time to read and please do share